Full Moon at Marina Beach!!!













It is a full moon day again!


The heavenly bliss, which God bestows upon us every month, must be, one hell of a sight, from anywhere on this planet!!


From any site or location, any street or a house top terrace, it must and ought to be!


However, to me, the moon (Nila) was or still possibly is at its best, especially, when it is swimming along the waves of Marina Beach, in Chennai, India, on a Full moon day (Pournami Nilavau).


And what a sight it is!!!


I still remember vividly, those Full moon or Pournami days, on my own or with my friends on Marina Beaches’ sands; waves after waves battling with the minutiae of glorious sand dunes, never ever getting tired of drenching them, however transient, it would be.


Full moon is a sight to savour, absorb, and digest. It is simple, divine, and so pure and possibly indescribable.


These are the times, when I constantly remind myself of how tiny I am in this huge universe, where possibly, I may matter none.


The late night quietness, disturbed only by the persistent tamboora note of the silvery simmering waves, invitingly stretching and undulating like the tentacles of a monster Octopus, shaded beautifully by the glorious white moon, alas, is a sight to behold!!


There were times, when I used to hide myself, beside a lazily moored boat along the silvery sands, for hours together, watching nothing, but the moon and the moon watching none but me!


The rapport I have with the moon is so great and thus we called our lovely daughter as " NILA", the seconds she was born, nine years ago.


NILA is moon and it is her birthday this month!!!


Comments

KB said…
nice one suren. shakespear, william wordsworth ellam nimbalkku munnadi onnum illa pa! enna ma intha varma englisbish eluthuraan. Durai ennama english pesuthu.

superb blog about full moon machi

endrum natbudan
bala
Unknown said…
good one suren.
my best wishes for your own Nila on her bday.
is there a story behind mukil, too?

malar.
Unknown said…
Vanakkam Pulavar Suren Avargale !!!
Piradha Naal Vazhthukkal NILA !!!!
Unknown said…
Hai Mama,I feel very proud to have a great poet with us in our family and i determined how u have been inspired by moon and got a good name nila, for ur nila.
Abi
A great description.Really very few people are blessed withat skill od just sit and stay and relish these kind of nature and beauty..Now wonder that same nila came to your very home too.. Advanced Birthday wishes to her Varma..

I just remember the famous song

''Vannam konda ven nilavee vaanam thottu varaayo vinniley mayham illai unnai thoda yaarumillai''........
SUREN-DOC said…
Thanks nanbargale for ur lovely comments!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Way of life- Kaniyan Poongundranaar, Purananooru, Tamil

My Dearest..........

NAYAGAN- 25 years.........