My First Snow or my first KISS!!



My first SNOW or my first KISS!!!
Not sure, which one to talk about, however will save me some peace and space, if I blog about the snow rather than the kiss!!

It’s been snowing cats and dogs here in Manchester. The weather forecast was very gloomy for some but very bright too, for a few, especially the kiddies. Well, it actually started snowing last Friday and almost continued until the Christmas day, i.e. for a week.

People have already had their own shares of tales and woes; cars skiiiing dangerously; oldies taking over the local casualties with broken arms and hips. It has also been chaotic for everyone but us and kiddies in the backyard. We built an Igloo house with blocks of ice and a snowman with the bluest of the eyes available in Europe!

My first snow was actually in 1994 at the Moscow Airport, when we made that infamous trip to London, via Moscow from Delhi, on an Aeroflot plane!!

The snow was actually outside our (me, Hari and Ganesh) reach as we were just transiting and were not allowed to venture out!

Actually, it could even be dated back to 1989, when we saw a glimpse of what Snow would or could be, atop one of Kashmir’s beautiful cliffs, trekking on a poor pony’s back!!

We paid Rs 100 per person for that trip and our poor mate Santharam, who is no more with us, was actually giving a flying lesson to an unfortunate pony!!

Well, coming to the crunch, it actually happened in 1994 in Scunthorpe, a sleepy town near Sheffield. Here, I was doing a clinical attachment, at a local hospital, whilst awaiting the clearance (!) from the PLAM examiners.

I can’t certainly explain how I felt or what I experienced that night however would endeavor to attempt one briefly. The simile is to my first kiss and it is up to you people to don your own perspective on it!!!!

It was a crisp, beautiful winter night, when it actually snowed and when I came out of my hole (!) to taste my first of everything in life.

It was heaven, bliss, pure, whitest, foamy, frothy, tasteless, and at the same time very sweet, crispy just to the lips, but formless once inside my mouth.

Flakes were travelling on my skin transiently like fluffy news paper bits, onto the open wound, (an Indian way of treating impetigo!!) weightless, however soon would also become invisible.

Virtual reality indeed!!

The next day, I walked and walked for miles, like a moron,dazed and bladder-ed, throughout Scunthorpe and also amongst the white clad trees and bushes at a Local Park; yet deeply engrossed, savoring the night before and my very first…… snow, when , for an extensive period of time, was actually in a different planet, with none but on my own!!

This sketch is my take on the infamous snowman and you might have realised that, my Life would never be the same after my FIRST…….


PS: By the way, please don' miss the new action flick...AVATAR.......




















Comments

KB said…
Suren,

simile blog.....

first kiss padipatha first snow padipatha endra confusion.

romba alagana romantic novel padipathu pola irunthathu.
can we title this blog as "Suren in and as Muthal Muthalaga Thannanth thaniyaga"..... haa haaaaaa

Do i know that snowy figure??? we expected mottai madi one, but took me by surprise. did it happen before or after mottai madi?

any simile songs from tamil movies??

Happy new year wishes!!!
SUREN-DOC said…
Thanks Kals......the snowy figure has been added to the blog too!

Popular posts from this blog

Way of life- Kaniyan Poongundranaar, Purananooru, Tamil

My Dearest..........

NAYAGAN- 25 years.........