En Appa !!!



As I used him as a safety net
To tread an often unsafe path,
My nimble fingers were
Tenderly caressed
And I really cared for nothing…...

My ideologies and beliefs
Began with him
During those late night
Tedious Cycle trips to Chennai’s cinema halls
Scattered along the Anna saalai!!

He was full of contradictions; unknown and unheard logics….
No wonder, Life was hard on him
As he was on life.
Valour and pride, albeit self pitied, with self contained
Inferiority complex…..
Humble background;
The eloped educational boat
Along with his untimely father’s death.

I revered him and adored him, for his whole package!
Whilst he adored cricket
And be up in the early hours, niggling my feet
For an Australian telecast feast.


Hated him for many reasons too….
The quintessential quarrelling and bickering
Sequel- ling the monthly fiasco of insufficient pay slip!!!

He was my friend,
He was my unsung hero.
Sincere smoker, possibly till the end
Addicted to the rummy game especially with his friends!
Simple man, who lead a complex life
Vulnerable with often white lies.

Have never seen him breaking down
But for few drops when he lost his loved ones;
Albeit he erupted like a volcano and cried like a baby
When his beloved son was scraping to
The London Victoria
From a humble Chennai railway station!

Needless to say, that was the last time I saw him…..
He remains in my conscious
Dealing life’s realties and obnoxious,
And in my sub conscious
When I contradict Ordinary life and simple theme
With simple life made complex …..

And I used him as a safety net
To tread an often unsafe path,
My nimble fingers were
Tenderly caressed
And I really cared for nothing…...

(Today was Appa’s 71st birthday)

Comments

nila said…
very very good inspirement from your daughter
nila said…
hi dad um cool poem
SUREN-DOC said…
Thanks Nila!!!


Appa

Popular posts from this blog

Way of life- Kaniyan Poongundranaar, Purananooru, Tamil

My Dearest..........

NAYAGAN- 25 years.........